While you people search action, you should know that it ain’t all sadness and desperation. Being single is lovely. So very lovely. You are free to take on adult dating as a serious pursuit. Chasing sex is a serious pursuit – is it not? Anyways, as I said, being single is lovely. We’re just often bullshitted into believing it’s not. But here’s why it is (and yes, some of these reasons are absurdly trivial – but don’t you know it’s the little pleasures that make life worth living?)
1. The bed is mine. The whole bed.
2. I can dance around my apartment naked or spend 30 minutes reading “The strangest deaths” on Wikipedia without worrying that anyone is around to judge me.
3. Um, more time with my single friends, who are somehow more awesome than my coupled friends.
4. Flirting with anyone and everyone.
5. Fucking anyone and everyone.
6. Not showering. As much.
7. Not having to consult anyone about the weekend. Or about dinner. Or about how I really want to quit my job and just go fuck off to the Czech Republic for a while.
9. Not having to pretend to listen to topics of conversations or problems or feelings I REALLY don’t give a fuck about.
10. Selfish selfish selfishness.
Ok, that last one was a little lame and nonsensical, but if you just got out of a super long relationship like I did, you’ll totally know what I mean.